Work at Home Angel

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Google Treasure Chest - Just Another Scam

I received an e-mail from my best friend today asking me about www.scottsmoneyblog.com. So I checked out the site and wow, he lives in Woodbridge, VA just like me! This made me a leery, I wonder if I log in from work, if it would show him living in Lorton, VA.

Apparently Scotts web site is promoting a product called Google Treasure Chest. Anyway, so I started my research as I do before investing money and here is what I found out about Google Treasure Chest as a way to earn money online.

They are using the same deceitful process as Google Money Tree and Earn Fast Cash with Google. The sales page claims they will send you a packet of information on how to make money online using Google for just $2.95. The lies begin in their terms and conditions.

If you sign up for their program, you’ll automatically be enrolled in their “membership program.” I don’t exactly know what that means, but I do know that if you don’t call and cancel the membership you didn’t sign up for, you’ll be charged $72.21 in just seven days.

You’ll continue to be charged the same amount each month until you manually call in and cancel your membership. You will not see any mention of this on the sales page, it is hidden in the terms and conditions.

Another interesting fact about this program is that it is in no way endorsed or affiliated with Google.

Stay away, it is not free information and you will be charged a lot more than $2.95.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was right! The page adjusts to your current location so it appears that it is a home town person that published the site.

Anonymous said...

Mine shows that he is from Casper Wyoming. I search his name from that area. Low and behold there is a Scott Hunter from Casper and they look nothing alike. The terms and conditions didn't state anything about being enrolled in any trials when I signed up and they clearly state that Google is paying you! What a creep. I vote for a good ol fashion hanging for deception and fraud, but that's just the western opinion in me

Unknown said...

Yes I agree he is a creep. The web site was good, I was close to joining, that was until I researched and tried going to the site in two different locations. I am sorry that you were scammed.