Work at Home Angel

Thursday, February 21, 2008

IncomeatHome.com

So I was on Careerbuilder today and I saw an ad that said "put your legal knowledge to work and be your own boss". OK that caught my attention. I went to the web site and there was no information about the company or the product other than to say that there are thousands of people working home and living off the program.

OK I am still interested, so I started doing my research and guess what it is another Herb-a-Life MLM. I just don't understand why these people cant give the information up front.

As far as legalities go, yes it is legit.

Your chances of earning anywhere near what they say:

First read the fine print:

The incomes presented are applicable to the individuals depicted and are not a guarantee of your income, nor are they typical. Each individual's success will be determined by his or her desire, dedication, effort, ability to follow directions and personal talent.

Also from the fine print Business Opportunity presented is an online method of operating an Herbalife International® independent distributorship.

I've known a few people who have been unfortunate enough to buy a Herbalife dealership (or whatever you want to call it). I don't know of any who have made it into a profitable business.

Lesson for today, before investing the $49.99 required to join, read the small print and avoid wasting your money.

6 comments:

Jon said...

Thanks for the heads up... i'm astonished at how many different recruitment routes Herbalife has, and how few of them are actually up-front about the nature of their business/product!...

Anonymous said...

thanks for the information. You saved a headache.

Anonymous said...

Rule # 1 ...don't EVER send money blindly to an ad that doesn't explain in detail exactly what the product is and exactly what you will have to do to earn any income. Thanks for posting this, for I suspected that it was an MLM come on with Herbal Life or the lawyer one. Very powerful ad tho, I must admit. Why can't they JUST tell you what it is?

Anonymous said...

You know whats funny about so many people, they automatically turn their noses up to an Herbalife business. Do you know that Herbalife is mulit-BILLION dollar company that helps millions of ppl with so many health problem. Yet still, some people think negative things about them - exactly why its not always obvious that it is herbalife.

Give them a chance and you'll see its a great company. They are publicly traded on the NYSE, been around for 28 years and operate in 60 countries around the world - thats amazing! They are a health and nutrition company that is helping people. There are many many people who love their products. If you've never tried maybe you should before you assume :)

Unknown said...

Honestly my biggest problem with herbalife companies they never admit that they are herbalife until you buy the product. If it is such a great place to work why not state the company name proudly instead of hiding be 5CrazyFox or Incomeathome. It is herbalife, call it for what it is.

Unknown said...

I used to be a distributor, but I did it first and foremost for the discount, and secondly because my boyfriend was a big distributor and he made me. I was young, ah well. Live and learn. The products were actually FANTASTIC. I have nothing bad to say about the products. But as a business? Their business plan, at least at the time (14 years ago) was not very lucrative, nor did it make much sense to the average person trying to understand it.

I am generally opposed to any company who is deceptive, sneaky, and underhanded in their dealings. This new method of advertising makes my opinion of them go down. More often than not, I will not sign up for something simply based on the sneaky way they try to hook you, if for no other reason.

That being said, Herbalife was sort of targeted early on, because other MLM companies were scams and Herbalife happened to be a big MLM. So as soon as someone heard "Herbalife," their wall would go up, and they would stop listening, because they instantly thought "SCAM ALERT!" because of all the horror stories of other MLM companies. So in a way, it seems they have to trick you just to get you to be willing to listen, and I sort of get that.

I still don't like it.