Work at Home Angel

Monday, January 05, 2009

Make Money With Embroidery

If you are looking to make extra money. Whether you are looking to replace your full time job or just bring a little extra money into your household, consider using a hobby like embroidery to make some cash. Embroidered items are popular, and you can easily begin an embroidery business with a small investment.

The first step to starting an embroidery business is to decided what you want to sell and how you are going to make it.

Do you want to purchase items like shirts, hats, blankets, or towels?
Do you have a source that will supply you with the correct amount you need in a variety of colors or styles?
How do you plan to embroider the items?
Do you plan to hand embroider the products or are you going to invest in an embroidery machine? I received an embroidery machine for Christmas. It is a mid level machine and it cost around $600. I would recommend using machine embroidery to save your sanity and your fingers.

Once you have identified what items you plan to make and sell, begin thinking about where you are going to sell your item. Will it be Ebay? Craigslist? or some other site that specializes in crafts and handmade items. How will you advertise your business? I have found that most people who try to start an embroidery business start at craft shows and work their way up from there. Since crafts are a dieing art there are not a lot of exhibitors which means more people will see your items and possibly buy them.

You are also create a virtual store and drive traffic to it with either pay per click or use blog tactics to get more traffic. Starting an Internet business is inexpensive and a great choice for people that are just starting out or trying to get their feet on the ground.

I have decided to try my hand at an embroidery business. I actually pick up my first client today. A company has hired me to create logo shirts for their employees (this was a response to a craigslist ad).

I will keep everyone informed of how my new business is doing and if you have any questions on how to start your own embroidery business, let me know and I will try and help you.

No comments: