Work at Home Angel

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Internet Marketing Conference from Stores Online.com

So I receive 2 free tickets in the mail last month for a Conference on Internet Marketing. Since I have been running this blog for 3 years now, I thought this would be a great opportunity for me see if I am doing something wrong, so I called and registered.

The package that I received said the conference would cover Internet Marketing and getting top ranks on Google, Yahoo and Bing. OK I am interested, plus I get a free lunch and an MP3 Player, I am in, lets do it!

The conference was last Wednesday. I showed up about 30 minutes early as they requested. I was personally greeted by someone that I would consider having an overbearing personality. Then I went in and had a seat.

After the room was full, the same man stepped up to the front of the stage and said "If the only reason you are here is for the free MP3 Player go to the back of the room and get it and leave, I don't want you here wasting my time". I have to tell you the truth I was half tempted to stand up and leave, I was not getting the warm and fuzzy from this person.

Of course nobody budged. Then he held up a $10 bill and said "Who wants this $10's" everyone just sat around staring at each other but again nobody moved. Then he went off about how you should always take any opportunity that you have to make money even if it is taking money from a stranger.

He then explained what Stores Online does and how there was 3 day Internet Marketing Seminar that would begin this weekend and if I registered and paid for it today, it would only cost $59 instead of the $200 he would normally charge. This continued for about 2 hours. Just things that I would consider to be stupid antics to get peoples attention.

So now I have been sitting there for 2 hours, I am starving because we were suppose to be feed lunch and had not yet and he handed out a survey form and read each line and explained to me what to write "Where is says name, write you name now!", "Where it says email address, write your e-mail address now!" and on and on.

The entire conference was a sales pitch, they did not give any useful information, they didn't even explain what Internet marketing is. The entire thing was a waste of my time and I never got lunch or the MP3 player because I ended up just leaving after the "Where it says ...., Write....". It put me over the top, I couldn't stay any longer.

So if you have received an invitation to the free conference from Stores Online, just be aware of what you are walking into before you get there.

No comments: