Work at Home Angel

Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Adele Scam (I am hurt, really I am)

I have to say, that this one really bugs me, they stole my name!

OK this month when you get your monthly credit card or debit card statements look for a small charge from a company that you don't recognize, make sure you check your PayPal account also. The charge will be for something between 9 and 19 cents, usually 12 cents. If you see this charge, report your card stolen. I know that this may seem like a small amount of money, but its not. On next months statement you will see a charge from CCBILLEU.COM for $200 to $400 and the fraudulent charges will just keep coming.

Apparently, the people behind this scam have a list of credit card numbers and Paypal accounts. In an effort to figure out which ones are valid and which ones are not, they make a small charge hoping it will go unseen. Then they go in for the big purchases and may even try and steal your identity.

If you are an online shopper, beware and watch your statements closely.

No comments: