Work at Home Angel

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Google Money Tree Program - Its Free or Not

I received an e-mail telling me to try the Google Money Tree program for free all I had to do was pay for shipping and handling.

So I decided to walk through the Google Money Tree order form to see how they have their sales process set up.

Page 1 was the usual stuff - personal contact info but no credit card.
Page 2 - this is where the fun begins:

Right where you enter your credit card number GoogleMoneyTree puts:

Google Money Tree Kit: Free
Shipping & Handling: $3.88

Right to the left of the form where you enter your credit card GoogleMoneyTree has this bold proclamation:

"No Hassle Money Back "Guarantee!If you are not 100% satisfied with the kit,simply call our dedicated customer service #(located in the USA!), and we will immediately refund your shipping payment… no questions, no hassle!"

This sounds good to me, it made it sound like the only reason why you would ever really need to contact GoogleMoneyTree's customer service about billing would be to get your shipping payment refunded.

OK I have not seen the statements that I expected, so lets do the order and see what happens.

Well seven days after receiving my kit, which was basically the same information that I have received over and over again, nothing new here, under a different name. But here is the kicker, are you ready for it.

My credit card was charged $72.21 which was suppose to be a reoccurring monthly fee for my membership to the Google Money Tree program. That's right, if you don't call and ask for shipping money to back, that is it, reoccurring monthly fee.

Needless to say, I cancelled my card and disputed the charge, my bank hates me, I do this to them all the time. Know what you are getting into. You do not get anything for free and the Google Money Tree program is no different.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences about this deceitful advertising. I did not hope to block my netspend account and to acquire a number that I must not blindly share. A data processing job was offered--no data processing job is offered through the CD which did arrive three weeks, and I fear that these embezzlers will persist to confiscate more funds without due process. The CD includes more sites that require even more financial information for further unpredictable debits from accounts of strangers. These kinds of embezzling are very dependent debitting accounts of those who do not closely watch their account and who are about to decease, for example. A conscientious Overseer must correct such loss.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the information you are posting on this blog. I wanted to mention that with one of my credit cards, the online login allows me to generate "safe" credit card numbers which I can use for online purchases. For instance, I could generate a new number every time I made a purchase and designate it as a "one time" purchase or recurring purchase. If it was a one time purchase, the number would only be valid for that particular purchase, AND if I designated it as a recurring and anything funny started happening, I could immediately cancel the "safe" number without having the bank cancel and reissue my "real" card/number. I thought you might be able to look into if your bank allows this feature, since it might save you some frustration.