Work at Home Angel

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Claim Your Free $197 Gift!

As I am sure you can all image since I do research on ways to earn extra money and join so many work at home programs, I get a lot of spam. I consider this spam to be a good thing though because it gives me a heads up to the kind of spam my readers are getting about work at home programs which allows me to research them and report on them before anyone gets ripped off. So I received an e-mail with morning with the subject line of "Claim Your Free $197 Gift!".

I followed the link and looked for the terms and agreements, but I didn't find any so I filled out the form with my name and e-mail address and on to step two to look for terms.

At step two there were still not terms, just asked me for my mailing address and phone number. OK, so I filled it out. On to step three which asked for my credit card, still no terms, there wasn't even a button to click on to accept terms just enter your credit card and click next. Wait what is that at the bottom of the page in really small letters, let me enlarge it for you:

"* THE FIRST INCOME ACCELERATOR CD IS FREE* WITH A PAYMENT OF $7.95 FOR USA ORDERS ($11.95 OUTSIDE OF THE USA). THE INCOME ACCELERATOR CD PURCHASE AUTOMATICALLY RENEWS TO A RECURRING CHARGE OF $97 A MONTH FOR THE INCOME ACCELERATOR MILLIONAIRE CD OF THE MONTH CLUB. "

Unless you scroll down you would never see it and end up getting charged monthly. So what is the name of this great program that wants to charge you monthly but neglects to share that information with you in an obvious place?

Accelerator Millionaire, I have not been able to find any information about the company on the Internet so I really can't tell you what is included for the $97 a month, but if it was something that was worth the money don't you think they would place this information where you can make a well informed decision.

The created of the program is Justin Blake and I found the following information about Mr. Blacke while searching the internet:

"Justin Blake and Chris Ryder are currently promoting an affiliate program with the catch phrase "make $1057 every month" I got sucked into this story and signed up for $47 with a monthly payment of $47 thereafter. When I received the download I realised that all this was a scheme to promote their website , get people to join and I'd receive a commission. If I sold 30 - 40 /mth I'd make $1057! I immediately replied to them that I did not want to flog a membership site and asked for an immediate refund.

Dianne thought this was rude and berated me for several emails. Realising I was getting nowhere I apologised and she informed me that a refund was done. I'm still waiting. After quering this with her, she now tells me that I'm not getting a refund. This is inspite of their site offering "an iron clad guarantee" and you can cancel at any time statement. Several times I've asked for phone numbers etc but they won't respond. BEWARE of promoters who don't supply phone numbers. I've contacted Visa and lodged a complaint but feel others should be warned about this operator. These are my experiences and others should make their own judgement based on their own research. I personally will never do business with Justin Blake again.

Regards Greg Reed
Success Creates Freedom!"

No comments: