Work at Home Angel

Monday, July 27, 2009

Virtual Vocations - Work at Home Service

I received an e-mail asking me to check out Virtual Vocations from a friend of mine. So I started my usual research and did not find anything bad about the site other than the fact that they just post things found on craigslist. Why pay a membership fee if the information is already available on craigslist?

If you are looking for a service to help you find work at home, I would suggest that you check out one of these two sites:

http://www.flexjobs.com/ - it's cheaper and includes quality, non-scam job listings, some of which are listed exclusively on Flex Jobs.

or

FreelancePulse.com - you will be able to find all the work at home jobs posted at Virtual Vocations but you can try it for 95 cents for one days access. There is no huge investment to make sure that it will work for you. They post 100 top paying work at home jobs each month. The only think that Virtual Vocations has that FreelancePulse does not have is a resume service.

I hope this helps.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have used both FlexJobs and VirtualVocations, and have found that VirtualVocations posts far more daily leads than FlexJobs. FlexJobs tends to provide only those leads that have company information, which is nice, but does limit the leads available, as many employers don't want their companies spammed, so they won't include them in the posting.

VirtualVocations posts a lot of great leads, and I wouldn't be quick to say they are all from Craigslist either. Also, I have learned from quite a bit of experience, that freelance doesn't always equal telecommute, and I think VirtualVocations does a fairly good job at distinguishing between the two.

Just my two cents.

Patrice said...

Excellent post! This is perfect for those moms who planned to work at the comfort of their home. Great reference, indeed.

Anonymous said...

I noticed VirtualVocations is posting free job leads again on their blog.

http://virtualvocations.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

I have tried all three and FreelancePulse posts twice as many leads as both and their customer support is top notch. I had a problem with my account and had a response within 5 minutes! I highly recommend!

Anonymous said...

I was just checking around on these three job boards, it looks to me like they all offer telecommute work, but VirtualVocations seems to have the widest selection of positions listed.