Work at Home Angel

Monday, April 07, 2008

www.processathome.com

I received the follow e-mail today:

I was sent to a link for a company that processes rebates. It offers one on one help getting started or something, but costs $197 to join. I was really thinking about trying this since I am having financial trouble due to some personal family issues, and I really need something that doesn't take ALOT of time, but can generate some extra cash from home. I don't want to have to work out of the home away from my daughter if at all possible. We suffer enough financially, I don't want her to suffer any from being away from me. Here is the info I have on this company:

www.processathome.com
Processing at home for up to 15.00 per rebate.
Rebate Certificate Program

My response to the e-mail is as follows:

I completely understand why the "Process Rebates at Home" offers sound like a great deal to anyone looking to work from home. They say that you can process rebates at home & earn $15.00 for each rebate that you process or complete.

I am sorry to say that it is nothing more than "Affiliate Marketing" work. You will not be hired by company to process rebates and you will not receive assignments to complete and then get paid by the piece.

So... let me save you the $97 (Non-Certified Program) or the $197 it takes to join the Rebate Processor Certification Program.

All you have to do is sign up for a free Clickbank.com account, find a product that you want to sell. Place an ad to sell the product and in that ad, state that you will give them a rebate of $5.00, $8.00, $15.00 or whatever amount you want to give them just for purchasing the product from you.

When you receive the commission for selling the product, you then return or "rebate" the $5.00, $8.00, $15.00 or whatever and you keep the difference. You just got paid for "processing a rebate".

Do you feel that information is worth $197? I sure didn't consider it worth the money when I paid for it. But I found another problem with this idea of Rebate Processing. If somebody wants to return their product and I have found a number of the products do get returned, they will get the full selling price refunded back to them, including your commission, but they do not return the rebate that you gave them so now you have actually lost the $5.00, $8.00, $15.00 or whatever rebate.

So even if you do want to process rebates and try to use this to sell your affiliate marketing items, please note it is risky and you could lose more money they make.

1 comment:

debareb said...

i wrote an extensive duerogatory comment on processing at home with angel stevens. when i was finished i had to get a blog account with google. when i did and came back to publish- my comment was gone and i have to do this again. suffice to say it is a real scam!!!